I usually am not a fan of New Year’s Eve. I prefer to sleep through it. When we rang in 2010, both Tyson & I fell asleep watching a movie and woke up around 12:20. I almost slept through the beginning of 2011 also, but woke up around 11 or so.
I am very sentimental and I almost always cry when that darn ball drops. I cry because a year was tough and look forward to new begins, or the exact opposite when a year was great and am sad to see it go. (Which will also brew up worried feelings of the next year falling short of high expectations.)
The past two New Years have been perfect examples of that. I wanted 2009 to drag out. I was excited & happy to be expecting, but was NOT ready for 2010. I knew that as soon as it was 2010 March would be here too soon and the idea of becoming a parent was daunting. Now fast forward a year later, and I did not want 2010 to end. This was the year my beautiful daughter came into my life. I will never again get to experience the first year of being a new mom, with my new baby. 2010 is G’s year. She’ll identify with that year for her entire life. That the year was ending, and a new one beginning was extremily difficult for me to accept this year. This year I really dragged my feet into 2011.
But now that I’ve had some time to let all those childish, irrational feelings settle down…I’m excited for 2011. Parenthood is such an adventure and it doesn’t matter what year it is. My baby is still a baby, we still have 2 ½ months until she’s 1. And this year could present so much more to our lives. Hopefully a new house to call our own & maybe a career change for Tyson; Something more fulfilling role for him I am excited to see my daughter grow and see what memories I’ll have when I look back and think of 2011.
And I promise, when 2012 is knocking at our door I will try to be more excepting.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Peanut Gallery Says...