Monday, January 10, 2011

Life Happens

Last week I had every intention of finally being on top of this blog, and
providing something deep & meaningful for you to entertain your brains with.
But…life got in the way.

Tyson stayed home from work Wednesday night, suffering from some pretty nasty
muscle spasms in his neck. So I was busy playing nurse and enjoying his, rare,
company in the evening.

Then Thursday night our world was turned upside down (or maybe just jostled a
little bit) as Tyson was let go from his job.

We both know this is a blessing in disguise, or maybe not so disguised as we're
both very aware of what doors this may have opened. We're hoping he'll now
receive unemployment and have the resources to be able to start the business
he's been talking about starting. (Fingers crossed we won't have to rely on that
unemployment for very long…)

He's nervous over the idea of his family's livelihood depending on a business
owned & run by him, but I have every faith that he can do this. Things might be
a little tight for awhile, but a happy husband and a happy home life is
absolutely worth it. His working overnights and us only seeing each other in
passing was becoming a huge stress & strain for all of us.

For now, he's home being Mr. Mom while I'm at work. I'm very thankful to have
the steady job & income (and source of insurance!). I long to be home raising
our daughter and providing for our family there, but I now understand I need to
be HERE until Tyson has his feet under him.

It's odd that I'm at peace with this, actually I'm almost excited for this new
adventure. I'm not worried about food on the table or having enough money for
bills, because I know that God will provide that for us.
So now that you're all updated….back to our regularly scheduled
programming….whatever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...