Friday, January 21, 2011

Recipe Time: Taco Melts!

With Tyson now being home in the evenings, I am very happy to report that I’ve been able to resume making dinners. No more scrambling trying to figure out what easy meals Tyson can make, which we can then eat quickly before he leaves for work. We both need to get a little more healthy (and I’ve got 8 pesky baby pounds still hanging on me!) so this is going to be great, eat less processed food and more home cooked goodness.
I love trying to cook new meals. I like having a variety, and my husband is a picky eater – it’s a challenge! (One that I sometimes love, and other times loathe!) As I come across some yummy ones I’ll be sure to share! This is one that we both really liked and the leftovers reheated well too! We both love tacos, but were kind of getting sick of the same old. This is a nice twist!
(I found this recipe off the Pillsbury.com website. The recipe calls for ground beef, but we used bison this time.)
Grands!® Taco Melts
INGREDIENTS
1 package taco seasoning mix
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked, drained
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated biscuits (any variety)1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
1cup sour cream, if desired

DIRECTIONS
1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
2 Prepare ground beef & taco seasoning per directions on seasoning
3 Press each biscuit into 6-inch round. Fill each with taco mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold dough over filling and press to seal. Place on greased cookie sheet.
4 Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining salsa, cheese and sour cream.

In my quest to make more homemade goodness and get rid of the processed stuff, one day I’ll have mastered homemade breads & buns, and I will try this recipe minus the Grands biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...