Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What's Your Legacy?

I'm going to be honest with you all.......…I didn’t make that loaf of bread.
But I’ve got a really good excuse this time.
I got sucked into ancestry.com.

It’s absolutely fascinating, and has made me look at my parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, husband & daughter in a complete new light. None of our lives may be extraordinary different. None of us may become a famous pop star, or a president, but we’re all part of a bigger picture. We’re all part of a legacy.
If a man & woman did not meet in the right time or place, and they were not blessed with their children when they were blessed……..everything would be so different. Everything.
Right now we all get so caught up in the here & now, and what’s best for our kids, and what’s in their food, etc. But in 100 years, all that will matter is that we met our spouses when we did, we had our babies when we did…because if we hadn’t, that generation would not exist as it is now destined to.
There is so much debate over large family vs small family vs no family….and I still don’t exactly know where I stand in that debate….but I can tell you that I wouldn’t have wanted my great, great, great, great grandparents to decide they were done having children before they were blessed with my great, great, great grandmother.
I am so in awe of this extensive history we all have, that I can’t seem to find the right words to finish out this post. Dozens of generations, and a multitude of different branches of Walraths, Hills, Maus, Mclouds, Doans, Hickoks, Quas, etc, etc, etc…..all meet together in one little girl. My little girl.

G in the 100 year old Baptismal Gown
What a fascinating legacy & journey we all have to be proud of. What an amazing lineage we have to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...