I don’t often do resolutions. I always thought it was silly to use the new year as an excuse to start something you should have been doing. But this year…I kind of understand.
2010 was quite the year for the Wally’s. What with the new baby & all. (Followed by moving with a 2 month old, into the upstairs of my grandparent’s farm house.) Since May I’ve felt like a child, being watched by my grandparents & mother. I often have to remind myself I AM a mom now. It’s been fabulous to have their help with Tyson & I working opposite shifts, but I’m looking forward to gaining some time as OUR family of 3. Now that they’ve headed to Fl for 4 ½ months and the baby is no longer a new born requiring CONSTANT attention, I feel like I might actually accomplish something in 2011.
I am working on letting go. Trusting the direction of God & my husband, will get us to where we should be. (Which is a difficult concept for me to implement). I was raised to be independent. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, and I’m not really letting go of that completely. Just relinquishing a little control is difficult for me. And it’s actually causing me some emotional turmoil. But relinquishing some control, is actually allowing me to send that desire to control & plan in other areas of life. To areas where it will serve me better in daily life.
I guess in the broad sense my new years resolution is to get organized. But I’ve been trying to do that for years. So I’m going to start off a little more specifically. (Which will hopefully mean I can succeed!!)
One resolution will hopefully evolve into another. So I’m STARTING the year off with hopes & goals of composting & creating a clean, organized way to separate recyclables. (I also would like to organize so much more, but this a good start!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Peanut Gallery Says...