***Disclaimer. You are about to read an article about one of two subjects in the world that I am incredibly passionate about. I am not ideal pushing....I'm just sharing my thoughts.***
I should not read things that will frustrate me. I should not read things that will frustrate me. I should not read things that will frustrate me.
With that said....WHY DO I READ THINGS THAT WILL FRUSTRATE ME?
Okay I feel a little better.
I ventured onto a message board about an entirely different subject and found a post about natural childbirth.
First let me say - while I believe that natural childbirth is amazing and that women have been lead to believe that it is a painful, scary process - I understand that it can't always be done. Some people think it's crazy to even consider. The glory of America is we get to choose what is best for us & our babies.
But oh how I can't stand when women, who don't like natural childbirth, try to back up their argument with statements like "I don't see how it can be good for the baby if the mother is all stressed out from pain."
Let's get one thing straight - labor IS natural. You're not supposed to be all vegged out & comfy, sitting in bed, waiting for the nurse to tell you it's okay to push.
I scoffed when I read an article about Giselle Budchen stating that she wasn't in pain when she labored. (The scoff was partially due to the fact she's married to Tom Brady, and I am, after all, a Giants fan.) I was early in my pregnancy at the time, and hadn't really begun to research natural childbirth. However, reading that article started the gears in my head & I started to research. Boy am I glad I did.
When I was in labor with G it was no picnic, but I can honestly say that I never considered myself to be in pain. I consider "in pain" to be a gun shot wound, a bone protruding from your flesh, something along those lines...not labor.
I now regard my daughter's birth as the single most amazing experience of my life. (As all women should regard the birth of their children.) Yet when I think of her birth...I begin to daydream about the day I actually get to experience labor & birth again.
Yes, you read that right.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Peanut Gallery Says...