Today I had one of those “NO WAY!” moments.
I don’t know what made me think of it. Maybe knowing how Tyson is struggling to find work again, and how that’s been a trend with him since getting out of the Navy. How I was lucky to land the job I currently have, I started as a temp through a family member (whom I don’t even have contact with anymore) and now, 2 ½ years later, I’m an asset to this department.
Over the span of several years I worked for a portrait studio on & off. The job was always there when I needed it. It was a sanctuary for me when I was lonely & missing Tyson – there was always someone there to make me smile and work to be done to keep me busy. Then one day we received a phone call that the store would be closing 48 hours from then.
My whole world had been turned upside down when I heard this news. Between the loss of my sanctuary and Tyson being deployed I went into a semi-depression. Until that day life was promising. Tyson was being discharged in 2 months he’d move back to NY, get a job and we’d start our life together. Now we were looking at neither of us being employed & didn’t know which way to turn. The future we dreamt of felt so far away. It was today that I realized – we got that fateful store closing phone call on March 24th. Three years later on that exact same day my life would be turned upside down once again with the birth of our beautiful daughter. (At least it was turned upside down in a good way this time!!)
We still might be struggling for parts of that dream we had 3 years ago. Certainly one amazing dream was realized in that bouncing baby girl.
Who knows where we’ll be 3 years from the day Tyson lost his job. It’s all in God’s plan. I was just never one to master the art of patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Peanut Gallery Says...