Thursday, February 17, 2011

Travel Hangover

I am mentally recovering from a trip to NYC this past weekend. G went along with me for a girls weekend with a couple of my friends, and one of their daughters (who is one day younger than G)! It was a weekend of many first for G – first time in NYC, first train trip, first travel delay (5 hours thanks to frozen tracks & switches), first time in a Starbucks…
While in NY we visited FAO Schwarz & Dylan’s Candy Bar. We also went to Chinatown & Little Italy – for some retail therapy! (And ate yummy NY food, including a HUGE slice of pizza.) After I lived in NYC for a few months I’ve had this huge mental list of things I didn’t get to do & see while I was there, and I’ve only just scratched the surface with this trip.
I apologize for the lack of pictures from the trip. We were really cramming in as much as we could. And despite the 40 degree temps, it was a little too windy to stand around outside with a baby to pose for pictures. Next time. I promise!
Someday I’ll get my country bumkin husband down there, I really think he’d enjoy the historical aspect of NYC. And I really enjoy experiencing historical adventures with my husband, because it’s something he & I are both interested in – and I want the opportunity to share that with him & our children.
Now it’s time to switch gears. We’ve got a trip to Boston coming up and somebody’s BIG DAY on March 24th. (I can’t believe it’s almost been a year!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...