Monday, February 21, 2011

Just enough

The beginning of every weekend I always start out with big ambition; to do some project, make some new meal or clean, clean, clean.
This weekend I definitely had big ideas – I was going to organize our bedroom, start working on some decorations for G’s birthday party and maybe try to make a pillow out of an old sweater. (Not to mention print out the party invitations, catch up on laundry, etc, etc, etc…)
Let’s see….I finished….none of the above. I did do some damage with the clutter in our bedroom, including completely organizing my side of the bed. I really should have taken before & after pictures, but I was a woman on a mission (and naptime was coming to a close) so I had to rush rush rush! This coming weekend hopefully I’ll tackle the closet. That will definitely require a before & after picture!!
Trust me. I’ve slept much better knowing I won’t trip over a pile of old paper work & magazines overflowing from a basket, if the baby wakes up in the middle of the night.
I did *buy* the things I need to make the party decorations. (At least the two-pack of Styrofoam balls did lead to a weekends worth of bad jokes & inappropriate innuendo between Tyson & me.)And really, let’s be honest, the invites don’t have to go out for at least another 10 days, so I was just being unrealistic with that one!
I didn’t make an incredible meal for my family. Saturday while grocery shopping we found Digornio made a pizza & cookies package…so of course we had to buy that. (My husband loves cookies. It’s an illness.) And last night was hotdogs. I just wasn’t channeling Betty Crocker this weekend.
All in all, I guess I accomplished something.


I spent time with my happy little family, so everything else really doesn’t matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...