Even though the weather can’t seem to make up its mind…I can feel spring. Some days you can actually feel it in the air: the warmer weather, the sounds of birds returning from the south, a muddy yard, flood warnings instead of winter weather advisories…but I feel spring in a different way.
Springtime is all about change. When a cold tundra turns into beautiful lush yards & fields full of birds, bugs, flowers & grass. It’s about starting anew, with spring cleaning, opening windows to let the fresh air in & finally hanging your clothes to dry on the line, like you swear you will do every year. Last year it meant a new baby. This year it means a new toddler. I can’t wait to see her run through the yard, to swing on the swing with her, teach her how to use the slide her cousins are handing down to her.
This year our family has taken the ‘freshness’ and ‘newness’ to a different level. Tyson started a new job today. In a construction field he has missed dearly. With Monday-Friday hours and much room for advancement & pay hikes. Roofing does require some long hours, and possibly a couple out of town trips…but that’s nothing we can’t handle. And maybe I’ll even learn to make those times fun for Miss G & me.
It’s nice to finally take a big exhale and enjoy the world unfolding around us. God is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Peanut Gallery Says...