Tuesday, June 28, 2011

1 Down, 100 to Go!

I get to cross off my first 101 in 1001!! I went somewhere in NY I’ve never been.
A few weeks ago Tyson, G & I went hiking at a state park not too far from us.

Originally I had not intended for this trip to count towards my 101. When I jotted down going somewhere new in the state, I meant a part of the state I’d never really been (Long Island or the Catskills being at the top of the list). But this state park ended up being a beautiful hike.


There were pretty incredible bluffs carved out by Lake Ontario.


We were able to play on a stone beach – the water was clear & blue, the sky was beautiful & bright and the sound of the waves was so peaceful. It reminded us very much of our trip to Acadia National Park.  

We even spotted 2 bald eagles, and I was able to shoot a picture of one of them. (Not the best shot though, I did not have my zoom lens with me.)

I knew I could count this as being somewhere I’d never been, when Tyson was looking over the pictures and said “If you didn’t tell anyone, they’d never know this place was actually in Upstate New York”. I know I sure didn't...and I LIVE HERE.


Even though I've checked this off my "list", there are still plenty more adventures to be had in NY.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you're doing a 100 in 1001?? That's awesome, Deb!!

    ReplyDelete

The Peanut Gallery Says...