I often struggle with this day, for reasons that I should not and will not get into on a public blog. Though it's no secret that my father was not in my life until I was 8...and even then wasn't a regular part of my life until I was 13. So let your imagination run wild with that.
But onto happier times. There is little in my life now that gives me more joy than watching G with her Daddy.
The past couple weeks have been tough for us with Tyson's work schedule. G has definitely let her Daddy know, somedays, that she is not happy with him. But then there are the days when she will drop anything she's involved in (including snack time) the minute the words "Daddy's home", come out of my mouth. To watch her run towards the front door jabbering "Da, Da, Da, Da!!"....makes all our "issues" meltaway.
She is definitely Mama's girl, but there are the times she gives her Daddy a big hugs or gets to play a little more rough with him than I let her...and that's what Daddy's are for.
Somedays it's a daunting thought to know I'm raising a daughter with my husband, without having been exposed to that family dynamic when I was a young child. Often wondering if we're doing this right. But watching a Father-Daughter relationship form right before my eyes is beautiful & breath taking.
We celebrated Tyson's Day by going to Bass Pro, lounging around on the party barge's & pretend we actually had the money to buy one, and then I cooked steaks for dinner, done in his favorite marinade. (The intent was to grill the steaks, but I forgot the propane tank went camping with my grandparents. So I'm happy to report my first attempt at broiling steaks went very well!) Happy Belated Father's Day to all the dads out there. Whether Biological, Step, Adoptive, Foster or otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Peanut Gallery Says...