Saturday, July 2, 2011

2 Down 99 To Go!

Now it's a little sad that I actually had to write "Go 2 Days Without Checking Facebook" on my 101 list. But I guess it had to be done. I know I spend too much time on the computer & internet - and that's at work where I have no choice. My work is on a computer AND the internet.

It was just silly that I would then get home from work and spend another 15-30 minutes on FACEBOOK, not to mention any other website I may then visit.
Yes it's nice to see what my friends & family are up to, play a game or 2 and man it sure is easy to manage a family get together...but it was distracting my from my time with G, or my housework, or my husband or my 10,000 half-finished projects. It just wasn't worth my valuable evening time.

So I went 2 days without checking it - trust me it took a little effort to not just plop down at the computer while dinner was finishing up on the stove. But after the 2 days, I found I liked having that extra time. Not being "tuned in" with the computer and focusing on what's important.

It's forced me to create a new goal to not check it at all during the week. Not even sit down at the computer during the week. It's that likely, no, but 3 or 4 nights out of 5 isn't bad. And I really don't feel like I'm missing much. The glory of Facebook, everything will be there on the weekend when I have a few spare minutes to sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...