One of my favorite things about living at my grandparents' is the black raspberry bushes.
They used to be all over the property, but due to landscaping changes they are now limited to behind the garage, and one bush transplanted to the actual garden.
Many summers my grandma would send my grandpa & I outside with containers to fill. It was my special time with him. Moments I will always hold dear.
This year G was able to participate and she's become quite the pro.
She can pick out berries that are ready, those us "taller" people seem to overlook. (That's a lesson that I believe children could teach adults about most things in life.)
Of course there are some job hazards to berry picking with toddlers...
This memory is extra special, not only because I'm able to share something special with my grandpa & my daughter, but because within the past few weeks an offer has been placed on the farm.
It wasn't even on the market. Health changes for my grandpa had planted the seed of selling in my grandparents' mind, and God provided with a lovely young Mennonite family. Who will return the "farm" to an actual working farm again. It's what we had all hoped would happen. This precious land will be handed over to a family who will care for it & treat it properly.
Now we're all starring at the start of new adventures & experiences. As we all scramble to find a place to live by October 1st. (And not knowing when Tyson will be starting tech school in MS is certainly throwing a wrench into any plans he & I could possibly think up.)
For now though, I will not worry, lay it at God's feet, and enjoy the wonderful berries & memories He has provided.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Peanut Gallery Says...