Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Identity

I changed my name.
Well, actually, I changed the name of the blog.
And only in the banner.
But it makes me happy, so that's all that matters, right??

Acutally, I guess it has also changed in my state of mind.
Since becoming a 'mom' I have started obsessing over having a homestead for our family. I desperately want a homestead. And judging by the fact that G, completely unprovoked, carried her pail around the entire backyard "harvesting" black walnut seeds, I am guessing that she shares the same visions.


The one thing I'm learning as I grow with God is to make the most of what I have in front of me. Not to dwell on what I think I'm missing, or what I am waiting on.

Hence, the title change.

Just because simple things stand in my way, like not owning a land or even knowing where I'll be living in 3-5 months time, I should not allow myself to feel like life is on hold. Because it certainly is not.

So I'm starting a new chapter of life. Not waiting & dwelling, but DOING. There are things I can do now to make wherever we lay our heads, our homestead. With the way the next couple years could turn out, I may be really well rehearsed in these aspects of life, so when it finally comes time to LIVE on a homestead, I'll be ready to take on the chickens & the garden.

New name. New outlook. What'dya think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...