Friday, December 17, 2010

When you need a reminder…

There are many reasons I enjoy my job. 
But in the grand scheme of things, I long to be rid of this job and home being a mommy. 
It helps every now & then to remind myself that I do like it here. To know that God is doing good work through me for the time I am here. It just takes hanging up the phone after talking to a lonely elderly patient for 5 minutes, to know that. I brought a smile to their face, a break in their monotony; that’s enough work for one day. Everything doesn’t need to be so complicated.

This week it was also easy to realize how fun it is here…
Wednesday was a pizza party for a birthday
Today was a pizza party for getting 91% customer satisfaction
Next Wednesday will be a breakfast/brunch Christmas party

I often lament & wish I were in elementary school, everything resulted in party then. Sometimes I forget I have that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...