Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Grateful for the Dull & Boring

This week I am struggling to come up with what I’m grateful for.
Not that I’m lacking for things, just that they all seem sort of dull & boring. It’s an okay to think to be grateful for dull & boring things, right?

For starters, I’m grateful for automatic draft saves…because though I did type up what I was thankful for last week, I forgot to post it. It sat there waiting for me.

….Also for a successful trip to the Christmas tree farm this weekend, and being able to decorate the house & tree. G’s first experience with Christmas makes everything seem so much more fun & meaningful this year.
…and on that same note, for having a young body or else that wipe out in the tree farm parking lot could have been much more disastrous.
…for a husband who tries to let me get as much sleep as possible on the work nights he’s home, even if G refuses to be comforted by anyone but me in the wee hours
…and also for a daughter who decides that after one rough night’s sleep, she’ll give a reprieve and sleep for 11 hours.

And because I just thought of one more thing….
….Radio stations that play all Christmas music, and being able to share an office with a boss who also likes to have Christmas music on 24/7 this time of year

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...