I am trying to get organized.
Transitioning to the world of being a full-time working Mom has been a difficult one. (Emotionally, physically & mentally…) And it’s often something that I wish I could protest by kicking & screaming; this really isn’t how I wanted to parent. But that’s how life is right now. My time outside of work is precious and I need to learn to make the most of it.
So as stated before, it’s time to get organized
I’m going to try and tackle one area of my life that needs organization, every month. It takes 21 days to create a new habit (or break a bad one). So I figure if I give myself a month that gives me a week to forget I’m supposed to be doing it and the remaining three weeks to actually do it!
The first month of “Operation Get Organized” is to work on my evening routine – mostly in respect to my “chores”. I will put off dishes, laundry, dusting, you name it…as long as I can. Until it gets to the point that the clutter & piles of stuff everywhere drives me to the edge and I’m cursing & resembling Linda Blair in her famous role. (Minus the spewing of pea soup…)
I like that movie and all…….BUT…..
The goal is to wash baby bottles & dishes EVERY NIGHT. And then have one area of the house that I tidy up each evening. (Originally laundry was going to be part of this, but I will hopefully be getting some help from my mom in this area…which would be a HUGE help. With Tyson’s work schedule, I can’t really expect him to consistently get things done during the week, so to get some regular help from another adult is most appreciated.)
I’m thinking the “chore” schedule will be this:
Monday – Bedroom: tidy, dust & empty garbage
Tues & Wed: I’ll cut myself some slack, these are the nights that I need to have a diaper bag packed for G to spend the day @ the sitters….and maybe I’ll work in doing some yoga or pilates with the extra 10-15 minutes I’ll get these nights.
Thurs- Bathroom: tidy, clean & empty garbage
Fri- Hallway (which serves as an office/playroom/catchall room): tidy, dust and empty desk garbage & diaper pail.
Sat & Sun’s off
(You don’t see G’s bedroom on here, because that room is actually one that I keep on top of regularly. It’s the only one that hasn’t gotten out of my control.)
Eventually we’ll have our own house, and I’ll need to add other rooms to this schedule. But hopefully this works for now.
In reality I have about 60-90 mins between when G goes to sleep & when I turn into a pumpkin….and I’d also like to get in a teeny tiny bit of computer time in here too. The trick is if I can keep on top of the baby bottles…I’ll have more time in the evenings. So here goes nothing.
Stay tuned…..
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Peanut Gallery Says...