What girl doesn’t like clothes? I know I find a mild satisfaction of seeing my dresser drawers full and not an empty hanger in the closet. (Because that also means the miracle of miracles occurred, and all of my clothes are clean!) But since moving with a newborn, and having a 'new' body to dress – I’ve become very good at purging myself of clothes that don’t fit or that don’t look that great.
Almost –too- good. Because now I’m rotating about 4-6 different, acceptable, tops for work.
I still don’t tire of hearing people compliment how I look after having a baby. Right after G was born I would absolutely beam at the mention of my figure. But let’s get real now, she’s almost 7 months old and I’m still sporting a little pooch. And my confidence has taken a serious hit. (Yes I can see your eyes rolling and hear your sighs all the way out here in the boondocks.)
Never the less, this is not the body I’m used to. My hips are wider, my butt is too (though I don’t hear Tyson complaining about that one), my the girls are smaller (despite still nursing??) and my tummy jiggles when I walk. Not things I’m used to.
While I am working on getting more in tone & in shape, my wardrobe is suffering. I find it difficult to feel like I look nice in anything I wear. So I end up dressing frumpy. Or so I feel. I haven’t quite resorted to mom jeans yet, but I feel I’m one old baggy t-shirt away.
What prompted these thoughts, you ask? I went to the rest room at work today, looked in the mirror and actually said to myself “who let me buy another striped shirt??” Seriously. Who did? I hold you all responsible!
As soon as I got home I covered it with a sweatshirt, and I intend on sending it to the salvation army as soon as it comes out the other side of the laundry.
I’ll slowly start working on a more respectable, full-time working, sweating off the pooch to get hot, mommy wardrobe. In the meantime I hope they don’t catch on to my wearing the same 5 shirts at work.
OMG you crack me up. Even if you gained 30 pounds I would still kill to have a body like yours. Tyson better not complain about anything or I'll have to use his middle name more often..hehe ;)
ReplyDelete