I knew we had a sad peach tree at home. Struggling under the weight of its fruit.
Of course, upon arriving home I noticed someone had PICKED the fruit...and it was no longer struggling. But you get the idea.
For about 4 minutes I considered just bringing peaches for snack day, and then realized that's kind of lame. So I scoured the Internet for some kind of peach snack that I had all the fixins for.
And I bring you...
PEACH MUFFINS!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter - softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking power
1 cup peach - chopped
1 cup pecans - chopped (optional) - I didn't use them this time around
Directions:
In a mixing bowl cream the butter & sugar
Add egg, sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
This was the first time during this process I was a little nervous. Sour cream? Really? Ok.
In a separate bowl mix the flour & baking powder together, then stir into creamed mixture until just moist
Fold in the peaches & pecans if using
This was the second time I was a little nervous. This was extremely thick & doughy. Of course I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've made muffins from scratch and not from one of those mixes (for shame!). So maybe this was a normal consistency? But if you fear that yours is too doughy, just go with it. It'll be okay!
Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool in pan 10 minutes.
Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
I would have never thought of this on my own, and they were oh so good! The recipe explains that this could virtually be a recipe for any type of fruit. The peaches were good, but I may try a berry type fruit next time. The muffin had a cakey taste to it, and I think the berry sweetness might go well with that.
I apologize for the lack of picture of the finished product. It was late, and they were promptly devoured the next morning. They were very yummy, but probably could have baked just a few more minutes. (But our oven is on the fritz, so don't take my word for it on the length of time!)






No comments:
Post a Comment
The Peanut Gallery Says...