Friday, August 12, 2011

Book Wormish

In the 7 weeks since I ranted & raved about how cool Goodreads.com is, I have to say that the site did encourage me to read more. I've read 4 books since then, and let me reassure you this is a record for me. It usually takes me quite some time to get through books, with the exception of reading a Harry Potter or Twilight book for the first time. (Though...I wouldn't suggest reading the 4th Twilight book while suffering with morning sickness...just an FYI.)

Though the most recent book I read left me slightly annoyed - and I'm still not quite sure why - so I dove back into reading Harry Potter from where I left off before my Goodreads discovery. I read during my lunch breaks, and considering my last 2 lunch breaks I've fallen asleep, I think it's time to pick out a book that I haven't already read 3 times and don't know the movie by heart. It's not really keeping my attention. (And I might want to consider going to bed a little earlier too.)

After creating a list of almost 300 books to read online, I told myself I would get a kindle. But now with moving, and potentially paying more for rent than we would really like to, the kindle has been put on the back burner.

While packing I've been putting aside all the books we own that I've yet to read. The majority of our books will be in storage for the next 1-2 years, until we finally own a home. However, the ones that I've been setting aside, will accompany us on our journeys. When this stack has been read, each book cover to cover....THEN it will be time for me to buy my kindle. (Hopefully I will be able to stash a little money here or there to have the funds for this reward.)

Of course there's no telling how long my "To Read" list on Goodreads will be by then.
Perhaps I should put down Harry Potter and getting cracking on this stack of books.
(And yes, Harry will be traveling with us too. I don't think I could go 2 years without reading at least one Harry Potter book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...