Tuesday, August 9, 2011

One

I receive a daily emailed devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries. It's often amazing how each devotional will touch what is going on with me, or clear what's clouding my head, today. I wonder how many women God speaks to through this one simple email.

Today's devotional was about how it "just takes one". One person, one word, one kind gesture to change the adversities you're going through. It rang so true to me. Just one thing can send ripple effects to so many others.

All it took was some vision loss for my grandpa, a word said to a friend, and a young Mennonite wanting his own farm to come knock on the door. At this moment it seems like we're all scrambling. My mom to find a storage unit and put her belongings in storage while she continues on her journey to find her "Grandma's" house. For Tyson & I to put the majority of our belongings in storage and rush to find an apartment to move into. My grandparents to now decide if they will own houses in NY & FL, or if they will move to FL full time.....they have more decisions than the rest of us combined. Yet the truth of this...is it is all such a good thing. From the moment I heard about the decision to sell the farm, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that this was Gods work. His name was written all over this.

It has only taken me venting about our moving situation to one coworker for her to inform me of the apartments she lived in, how they're remodeled and they have a lot available right now. (I hope they're as wonderful as she says, cause from what we could see in the pictures, this will be the biggest kitchen I've ever been able to call my own!)

There are some mornings when I wake up and the fire in me is not as bright & loud as it should be. Still there, still burning. But when the piles of things to pack are piling up and the boxes still sit empty, I get overwhelmed. My heart becomes heavy at the thought how much moving & resettling my daughter will go through in the next 2-3 years....it's a task to remind myself that this is all part of His plan. I can worry if I want, but it's really just wasted energy. And I need that energy to pack.

It just takes one.
It's easy to find comfort knowing we're just waiting for the next ONE to jump start our next season of life. We can enjoy today, because that's really the most important thing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...