Saturday, August 13, 2011

101 in 1001 Update

Instead of doing separate posts for my progress on my 101 in 1001, I decided to keep the boring stuff stuck together, so if you didn't really care it'd be easier to skip over this way. :)

#4-11
Cheeseburger on the grill with all the fixings  - YUM! (A little secret, I didn't make it, but I watched other people and I did set the table & help cut the tomatoes. So it counts.)

Take G to Children's Museum - We had a wonderful time, and I could probably had made an entire post about this...but my heart stills hurts over accidentally deleting all the pictures from my memory card. The pictures from the children's museum were the ONLY ones not backed up on my computer yet.

Get Rid of Unnecessary Things - Well having 2 1/2 months notice to move, certainly helped put our butts in gear for this one. And of course we had the yard sale, so it's always nice to make a couple dollars on the process too. (Though a yard sale is a lot of work!!) The process is not yet over, but we're about 2/3 done, and it's safe to say that it'll get done this weekend or next. This is one that's a big relief to say it's almost completed.

Donate Items to Some  Place Other than Salvation Army - After our yard sale, all the remaining contents were packed up and <strikethrough>sent to the local rotary for their rummage sale</strikethrough> are waiting to be delivered to the rotary for their rummage sale.

Go on a date night with Tyson - Harry Potter 7 Part 2 - Need I say more?

Take G Swimming for the 1st Time - This was back on July 4th weekend. You can see the pictures here.
She actually swam in a lake and a pool, each for the 1st time, within 48 hours of each other. She is definitely a water baby. Loved it. You could tell she wanted to go on her own, hopefully she learns to swim early.

Eat Some Place New - Three places new,actually, and none that I'll be returning to. (One from the outside it looked like a casual, small town dinner. On the inside it was huge fancy portions and more $$ than we anticipated. Another is a local restaurant I drive by on a weekly basis, and I've always been curious. The food was good, but the prices a little extreme - an extra $1.25 for fries, on top of a 8 dollar burger! And the third place....gave me a belly ache.)

Write a letter to some place that did good - Too often people comment on places, or contact a company when something is bad, or has gone wrong. I have been trying hard to see the good in people, places & things. When writing my 101 list, I figured this would be a good exercise to concentrate on the good. (And I actually was encouraged further from reading Penny Pinchin' Mom - who has her Apple a Day posts.) I sent an email to Plum Organics because I love, love, love their food pouches for G.  Unfortunately, I never even received a reply email that they received my praising email. That was a bit of a disappointment, and actually lowered my opinion of them. I'm not going to lie, getting something in the mail (even a coupon) from them would have been great, but I didn't expect it. But to not even get a "Thanks for being a great customer and sharing your thoughts" email was a bit of a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...