Friday, May 20, 2011

Day One of 1001

This week has been one of those weeks where my creative juices are flowing - yet I don't have much follow through. I have started a couple projects, but these are some ongoing things and will take a little bit more time & effort before they're finished. But I hope to finish them soon, so I can share them here. My first attempts at having an organized life & household.

Along those same lines, I've wanted to do 52 things in 52 weeks for many years. But it seems like such a short period of time to me. One year. I've also heard of 101 in 1001 days. Now THAT's more like it. Almost 3 years. I am a fan of commitment. Nothing says commitment like 94 days shy of 3 years.

It sounded like a good idea. Until I sat down to make my list. Let me tell you, that's not as easy as I thought. I had my vibe going and was getting excited over all the ideas I was coming up with. Both small & large. Random & Life Changing. And then I counted and I was only at 25. Oy vie. It took me a little bit, but I came up with 101 things. I decided to divide the list into 4 sections "To Make", "To Go", "To Do For Me" and "To Do With & For Others".

I'm going to share my list, so you can help hold me accountable. I have no idea if I'll even come close to completing all 101 tasks, but this could be fun.

My 101 things as follows:

To Make
To Go
To Do For Me
To do with & for others
Homemade Bread
Take an all day hike
Buy a label maker and become obsessed with using it
Move G to “big” bed
Sew Something
Go on a picnic
Have a meal with multiple courses
Potty train G
Cheesecake
Disney Vacation
Detail my jeep
Go on a date night w/Tyson
Homemade cleaning products
Sit on the beach w/yummy drink
Work part-time
Break G of the pacifier
“Real” meal over a campfire
Visit someplace new for weekend getaway
Start taking photography seriously
Play in the mud with G
Homemade tomato sauce
Camp at a national park
Get a dog
Become preggo with #2
Cheeseburgers on the grill with all the fixings
Go somewhere I’ve never been in NY
Try cloth pads
Take G to a playgroup
Homemade pretzels
Some kind of sporting event
Get mani/pedi
Have Wally cousins photo taken
Paisley curtains for G’s Room
Take G to Children’s Museum
Buy an entire outfit @ consignment shop for $20 or less
Have Ice cream for dinner
Beef Burgundy
Visit a zoo we’ve never been to
Have an HP movie marathon
Buy a house
Chocolate Trifle
On a road trip
Go 2 days without checking FB
Put G’s hair in pigtails
Guacamole
Ikea
Read a book chosen @ random, one I would not normally choose
Family portrait w/Tyson in uniform
Felt Play Food for G
Kayak in the Adirondacks
Relax w/a glass of wine for no specific occasion
Get a night off from the nightly routine
Military Frame Project
Cabella’s Store in PA
Catch up with printing pictures for photo albums
Get a promotion or change of responsibilities at work
Black & White photo wall
Go to NYC for another weekend
Donate items to someplace other than salvation army
Have Tyson make bed frame so we’re not sleeping on the floor
Recycled Frame wall organizer/chalk board
Try a new restaurant
Donate $ to National Parks
Run 5k w/Tyson & G
Salmon Cakes
Cooperstown
Get rid of unnecessary things
Take G Swimming for 1st time
Xmas Ornaments for family
See Fireworks w/G
Write a Xmas Letter
Buy *real* sneakers for G
Xmas Card Album
Meet up with a friend I haven’t seen in a long time
Send letter to a company that did something RIGHT

Card keepsake for G
Take G to baby gym or something similar
Read the entire bible

Bulk cook freezer meals
Camp somewhere in western ny
Drink more water

Peppermint Bark
Go to MS for Tyson’s tech school
Find a dentist I actually don’t mind going to

Soy candles
Washington County Fair w/ G
Pay off Jeep

Something from a recycled sweater
Take G to Disney Store and let her pick something out
Grow a plant & keep it alive

Will for Tyson & I

Compost (for real this time)

Health Proxy

Break something with a sledgehammer



Trace at least 4 family trees to 1776



Learn how to use make-up



Organize negatives & photos



Have more than 1 person follow my blog



Make enough money doing photography to buy a new lens



Take a day off from work for no reason and don’t feel guilty for it



Have a massage




I'm happy to report that the list for Me is the longest. Sometimes I need a little reminder to focus on myself. (Like most moms do!)
You can tell I was getting a little punchy when I jotted down "Break something with a sledgehammer".
And yes...the get pregnant with #2 is listed under the "to do with or for someone else" category.

If I counted my days right, this 1001 days should end 2/14/2014 - which is kind of cool. The world is only predicted to end twice between now and then. I hope for the sake of this list, it doesn't. If we make it through tomorrow, we've got one of those dates out of the way. (Tell me I will not be the only person to do a happy dance while sticking my tongue out as we all celebrate the beginning of 2013?? This is getting old. But I guess that's another rant for another time. Sorry. I like tangents.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...