Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Smoothie Experiment


We still have lots of peaches, and lots of cans of peaches left from last year.
My tummy wanted a snack. And I had empty Popsicle molds calling my name.

I decided to make a banana-peach smoothie....and made extras for some smoothie Popsicles too.

I used 2 containers of yobaby banana yogurt.


I use flavored yogurt for all my smoothies. No matter what I try I just cannot get used to the taste of plain yogurt.

About 2 peaches. I did not chop mine up. Since they were so moist from canning, they did pretty well in the blender. But if this were a fresh peach, some chopping would definitely be suggested.

About a cup of milk & half a cup of ice cubes.


After blending I poured myself a glass. (We're getting ready for football season around here, can you tell?)

Like I said this was an experiment. Next time I experiment I'll use less milk, and more ice. Probably less yogurt too, but not much. It wasn't too over-powering.



The rest went into the Popsicle molds.



Though the banana yogurt didn't overpower the smoothie too much, the Popsicles were definitely banana. Very little peach. So I guess I should definitely use less banana yogurt next time.



G enjoyed it and ate almost all of it.
(What she didn't eat was because she discovered it was fun to "paint" her legs with a Popsicle.)



Pondering life, love and the proper peach to banana ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Peanut Gallery Says...